Tile and grout cleaning in Chicagoland is an important cleaning process to restore and clean natural stone, tile, grout, or other hard surfaces in your home or business. There is an 8-step cleaning process involved to ensure that your tile and flooring will be safely cleaned and look as good as new:
1. Flooring is inspected and surfaces are pre-cleaned to remove any debris.
2. The tile and grout is pre-treated with a non-toxic cleaning solution. This helps soften the soils embedded in the grout on the surface of the tile. This heated solution is applied and then sets for 10-15 minutes.
3. The solution is agitated into the grout lines and on the surface of the tile.
4. The tile is cleaned and extracted using a trailer-mounted pressure washing system that is specifically designed to clean Chicagoland tile, grout, and other hard surfaces such as concrete, brick, and stone. This system can generate water pressure between 100-3,000 PSI. It power washes the surfaces, blasting away soils, grease, or food from the pores of the stone, tile, and ground. Dirty water is vacuumed back to the cleaning trailer, leaving the surface almost completely dry.
5. Any areas that didn’t come clean with the pressure washing will be spot-cleaned with a low PH tile and grout cleaning solution.
6. The surfaces are then speed-dried with high-powered air movers.
7. Areas are inspected after they are completely dry.
8. Sealant is applied, using either a clear sealant or color sealant of your choice. This makes the Chicagoland tile virtually stain-proof and gives it a uniform color, blocking out any pre-existing stains in the grout. This process makes your floor look new again.
Before a professional tile and grout cleaning service comes, there are several things you can do to help before and after the cleaning:
• The technician will require the use of a cold-water faucet.
• If there are any spots or areas of concern, inform the technician during the initial inspection prior to cleaning.
• The technician usually has a team who will help remove and return furniture before and after the cleaning, but breakable items should be removed from the furniture prior to the removal.
• The sealant will dry within 30 minutes of its application, and it is recommended that small children and pets are kept away from the floor surface because they can transfer soil to the clean tile. Also, it is recommended that shoes be kept off of the flooring until the sealant has completely dried.
• The damp floors will be slick immediately after cleaning, so it is recommended that you watch your footing in the area that was cleaned.
• Furniture should not be rearranged on the cleaned tile for at least 48 hours after the cleaning. This will minimize varnish stains to the flooring.
• If you are aware of any imperfections or loose tiles/grout, inform the technician prior to cleaning so that they can take extra precautions.