Our project manager will meet with you in your home to assess your space, take measurements and discuss your renovation goals. You will also discuss our design service options to find the best fit for your and your project.
Materials & Design
We want you to have a level of involvement in design and material selection that makes you comfortable. The beauty of our client-oriented system is it gives you absolute control. Our Signature Concierge Service can be tailored to fit your needs and desires. You choose from three approaches.
Straight Talk on Change Orders
One of the least talked about parts of professional home renovation projects are Change Orders. A Change Order is simply any change from the original Scope of Work as outlined on the original proposal. One of the reasons we stress spending so much time in the preparation stage of a renovation project is that it dramatically decreases the possibility of Change Orders. We have learned several things over the years about Change Orders and want to make sure you are educated about how they can impact your project. Change Orders:
- Should be avoided. Why? They are extremely expensive. Industry studies suggest that Change Orders can increase a project budget by 15 –30%. One small change to the project can cause a domino effect on the project schedule. Specifically, multiple tradespeople have to change their already booked schedules to keep your renovation going on time, which means their regular rates don’t apply, you are now paying a premium for labor rates.
- Should be avoided. Why? They cause delays in the project schedule. Some studies suggest that Change Orders can increase a projects total working days by up to 20%. Delays cause stress and frustration, and we don’t want our homeowners stressed. We understand that it’s important to get your life and home back “to normal” as quickly as possible.
- Sometimes just can’t be avoided. That’s part of renovation work, and as professionals, we will handle it smoothly and efficiently. Perhaps that faucet you fell in love with in the showroom looks awful now that you see it in your kitchen and we need to order a different faucet and adjust the sink order also. It happens. However, you must ALWAYS approve Change Orders with your Project Manager. Installers on your job-site are not authorized to do Change Orders with you. Formally signing off on Change Orders with your Project Manager protects you and keeps you in control of project costs, so we don’t do “verbal agreements” on Change Orders, we do everything in writing so you are completely clear.
- Change Orders will always be billed immediately when the service is rendered, not at the end of the project. A separate invoice will be generated at the time of the Change Order that will be due upon receipt so that you understand exactly what is happening on the project and to ensure that we are striving to stay close to the original budget if Change Orders occur.
With your design vision charted and materials ordered, we can now find a time that will work with your schedule to begin your project. We understand that, in the majority of projects, the homeowners will be living in the home during the renovation. We pledge to work diligently to complete your project in a reasonable time frame. We include our anticipated number of work days for our team on all renovation projects.
You can feel confident that your renovation project is executed with superior craftsmanship in a timely manner and on budget. 90% of our renovation projects come in exactly as quoted, we take extreme pride in accurate proposal pricing. Here’s what you can expect during construction:
- Installers check in daily with our project manager to assure quality work.
- The Project Manager provides a weekly status reports directly to you during construction.
- We conduct a final walk through with you upon project completion to address any questions or concerns.
- We provide maintenance and care information to keep your newly renovated space looking new.
It is our privilege to be in your home and we treat it like our own. We pledge to show the utmost respect for your home and personal environment. You can expect us to:
- Provide dust restriction and minimization.
- Ensure proper wall and floor protection.
- Conduct daily clean-up and organization of materials.
- A thorough final day cleaning when the project is complete.
Two Year Labor Warranty
Our Two Year Labor Warranty ensures that our tradesmen have performed your renovation in accordance with state and local guidelines. We hold our tradesmen to the highest standard of craftsmanship and stand behind their work.